Sunday 17 March 2024

Skin

 I was looking at pictures for this posting and I started to wounder what is it about our skin that embarrasses us. What is it that causes humans to get all wound up about nudity. We've all got skin and can all go nude, there is no difference apart from gender. We are the only animal that is ashamed of its skin. There is more and more skin appearing in films etc. Even the cute, nation's baby Emma Watson is modelling see through underwear, admittedly there is very little of her clothes that are see through, but that is because her clothes are very little and show as much skin as possible.




Most of our problems come from religion, even atheists are controlled by attitudes introduced by religion.

My brother used to give his neighbour a lift to work while his car was being repaired. He called in one morning and the neighbour wasn't quite ready, but they had time so Mick had a coffee with him. while they were talking the neighbour's wife came into the kitchen topless said "Morning Mick" and proceeded to pull her underclothes out of the tumble drier. They weren't naturists, but she was completely natural about being topless and it made no difference between them in the future. A few summers ago I was working in my garage re building my canoe, the garage always gets hot in the summer so I was working naked. after a few hours a friend from the other side of town walked in. I wasn't expecting him and he isn't a naturist, but he wasn't disturbed by it, and we talked for a while then went to the house for coffee. I remained naked and his attitude towards us hasn't changed. 




What I'm saying is don't be afraid to let you friends see you and your partner naked, if they are real friends it wont worry them. 

It's interesting that many of the clothing shops have cameras in their changing rooms were staff can watch customers changing to make sure they don't put stolen clothes under their own. So many people have been seen naked without being aware of it. Some swimming pools have cameras in the changing rooms and of course the airport security is quite revealing. 

I had an interesting happening a few months ago, I went to have new hearing aids fitted, they are quite expensive but can be controlled through an app on my mobile phone. The lady setting them up asked for my mobile to set it up, it was then that I realised she was going to see my wallpaper which is a full frontal of Maja in the shower.  Oops! I could have changed it before going there so as not to embarrass her, but too late when I realised. So I explained what the wallpaper was and asked if that would be OK she smiled and answered that it was alright, so I handed it over and she wasn't in the least concerned. She even commented how attractive Maja was. I was more concerned because she was of Asian descent and Asian people are often more timid about their bodies.



As you have seen I post naked pictures of Maja and myself and some friends, it has made no difference to us or our friends naturist and non naturist. If a neighbour or friend or occasionally a stranger pops in  while we are naked, we don't rush to cover up. What about you, have you had any nude incidents or do you have any photos that could be posted here or on your own website or blog,  let us know, we'll be happy to show or publicise it for you. 

Contact us through Comments and I'll give you my email to post to then I can transfer tem to these pages.



2 comments:

Gerald said...

It must be very different where you live. Where I live in Alaska, people's reactions would be ENTIRELY different. A person would probably be put under a criminal offense, or at least be under some kind of investigation! Sad, but true. IF there are any that practice some amount of nudism here, I am really not aware of it. I am very envious of your being able to practice some nudity around others.

John Tompkins said...

It's all a matter of where and when, although it is not illegal to go nude in the public street as long as you dont do it with intent to offend.