Wednesday 5 December 2018

Memories part three



Travelling





The advent of a car and the ability to travel further gave me my first experience of nude driving, a naked female driver near to Lands-end happily slowed her 2CV Citroen to drive between the crowds of surfers heading for the beach, her naked breasts clearly visible to everyone and those close enough to look into the car as she passed were treated to the vision of a triangle of dark pubic hair. 

A man might well have been arrested for driving in such a state of undress, but it was the early seventies and no-one seemed the least bit offended by this girls motorised immodesty. Not long afterwards there was an article, in H & E about a couple in America who regularly drove naked in an open top sports car.

That gave me the idea that on the open road I could drive naked, only my top half would be visible and if I got near to crowds I could pull a towel over. Thus started a career of nude driving and over the years I've driven most of the length and breadth of the UK without clothes. I can usually find a quiet corner of a service area car park to dress before entering the buildings and by having shorts available I can dress quickly if need be.

* * *

I started to take H & E regularly and as always, there was a lot of debate about single male naturists – It didn't make any sense to me, I would have thought an attractive single female naturist held a lot more potential for disrupting a club than any lone male. It seemed to me that the men of the naturist clubs didn’t trust their wives to be near a naked single male, in case they should be tempted by him. But they allowed themselves the company and potential temptations of naked single females. I'm surprised the women in the clubs didn't realise this.

Of course I may be wrong, it could be the wives who daren’t trust themselves to be near a naked man. Either way single naturist men were considered to be pariahs and single naturist women were welcomed with open arms.
Whatever the reasons, it meant that I was condemned to solitary nude bathing for many years to come. Although I did manage to find an occasional nude beach where I could be with like minds, even if as a solo male I couldn't join in the activities.

Marriage

I was twenty three when I met a beautiful young woman who, after a brief courtship became my wife. I told her about naturism early on in the relationship and introduced her to the delights of H & E. She enjoyed the articles and the problems page and was happy to note that the photos weren’t distorted, pelvis thrusting models but mostly every day people. By now the airbrush cover-ups had ceased so the models could be seen in their entirety.

* * *

Maja wasn’t sure about going nude in public, but she eventually agreed that we should go to a club for a trial day and I agreed that if she didn’t enjoy it, we would leave.

We selected a club close to Meriden in the West Midlands, on arrival there was a friendly greeting and introduction to the club facilities then we were shown where to get undressed.

A little old man – the club secretary - took us round to introduce us to everyone. I know it shouldn’t make a difference but Maja was a tall slim blonde with a fabulous figure, she looked stunning naked and the club Secretary took great delight in introducing her on her own before admitting she had a partner. 

Maja seemed to settle to social nudity right away and there was no sign of her earlier nervousness. I was very proud of my beautiful young wife that day.
The club and its members were very friendly and had we lived closer we would have joined, but in the end we decided it was just too far to travel.


to be continued







No comments: