Friday 4 January 2019

Memories part 7




Sex and the Naturist


I said earlier that I didn't find naturism to be a sexual experience and it is true that I'm not aroused by the simple act of being naked in public. It is however a sensual experience and in the right place at the right time that can escalate into something more.

At this point I would ask how many non-naturists have gone out into the countryside or onto a beach to enjoy making love in the open air. Many of our non-naturist friends will admit to this, with a coy grin.
Maja and I are no different, before I introduced her to the joys of naturism, we made love in the open air several times. Once under a beach hut at Clacton, another time on the Ilkley moor where we had just dressed when a party of Ramblers passed close by.

From before we became a naturist couple we often made love in the open but never in public. Once we were on a deserted, unofficial naturist beach in Cumbria, we had only seen one other naturist all afternoon and he was a long way away. Hidden from any public view by massive sand dunes, I was applying sun cream to Maja's exquisite body when the urge took hold and before long we were wrapped up in each other. It was a wonderful experience, as all outdoor love making seems to be, we were well hidden and no-one saw us in our moments of passion.
When we do it we always make sure we are well hidden or away from others, so we cannot offend anyone.





Camping at a small non-naturist site in Wales, in the mid week one autumn, we were the only residents of the secluded field so we spent most of the time naked and enjoying the sun. One day we were splashing about in the river, the play became more intense and we made love on the river bank.  It was magical and something we will always remember.

The act of love making in the open air is a beautiful thing, but it must be tempered with consideration for other people. Not everyone wants to watch, even the most loving couple, in the throes of passion and those that do want to watch can go and look for dogging sites.



* * *


The problems of an aging naturist




I am now overweight and my health is failing, but I can cope with that.

What I am having difficulty with is not that my wife is getting old as quickly as I am or that she is gaining a bit of weight, No – the problem is I have all these beautiful photos of her throughout her life and looking at them I resent the speed at which we have grown old. I wish we could go back again and be as we were, I don’t suppose I’m alone in that wish. But I am cursed by these pictures.





 I cant destroy them – it would be like taking something away from her, but I cant resist looking at them either and, after the initial reaction, that just makes me sadder.


* * *




The Religious Objectors

I have no religion, but I have studied some religions and if you are a Christian or a Jew remember your scriptures say we are created in Gods Image – How can anyone worship a god and yet declare the body of that God to be disgusting.
Adam and Eve were naked in the Garden of Eden until the serpent committed the cardinal sin and bore false witness to them, so that they would eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge*. They were naked with God's blessing and no shame.
God gave them animal skins to cover themselves because, through eating the fruit of knowledge they came to know shame and it was that shame he gave them covering for, not their nudity.
So surely that makes shame the sin - not nudity.
Also in Matthew 6:25,28,29,31 Matthew reports Jesus advocating nudity, he clearly says that the body is more important than the covering. There are many other examples of nudity being advocated if you feel like looking for them**.

*note; The first sin in the bible is that of bearing false witness. That is if you exclude God's sin of pride.
** It could also be said that there were no sins until the ten commandments were created, but that’s another argument.



* * *



A thought for the bashful


Even though my father and Maja’s step-father were keen photographers and may not have been shocked and Maja's mother came from Germany (where FKK was born), in all our years going nude, we have never told our parents that we are naturists. we thought it might upset them, particularly my mother. This was just about the only naturist inhibition I had left.

But not long before starting to write this book, my widowed mother was given a C.D. of her favourite type of music. She doesn’t have a C.D. player, so Maja and I took our Laptop to her house to play it for her. We made a cuppa, set the disc playing and settled down to read the Sunday papers while listening.
After a while I heard my mother ask “Was that at a beach?”



I looked up and to my horror saw a picture of my wife, naked, filling the computer screen. I'd forgotten that the screen-saver plunders the “My Picture” files for images to display. At home I like to see our naturist pictures taking their turn to be displayed but I never thought about it when setting up mother's C.D.
I don’t know how many nudes she'd seen but we were halfway through her C.D, probably twenty minutes of tunes and the time taken by the other pictures. She must have seen at least half a dozen and possibly many more.
To our everlasting surprise and relief, my 84 year old mother wasn’t at all upset about them, she asked where they had been taken and just smiled and nodded when I told her some were in the UK and others in Germany. There was no shock horror, no disgust or indignation – the one parent we thought would react badly if she found out – wasn’t at all phased by it.





The Moral of this is don’t overestimate your parents and other relatives reactions. When you tell them, you may be surprised by their response and it is better to tell them yourself than let gossip, or accident, do it for you.

I regret not coming clean about naturism while my father was alive, he may well have joined us on some of the photographic shoots or even on some of the beaches, although I doubt that he would have gone nude, he would have enjoyed the photo-shoots.
Our friend Roy has told his parents and although they don’t understand why he would want to go nude with others, they have reacted in much the same way as my mother.

* * *

The Future

I think it would help Naturism if more of us came out of the closet and admitted our lifestyle, particularly the younger naturists –If Gays can stand up and be counted why cant we?

One problem for younger naturists is that as they grow up they don’t want to be going everywhere with their parents. Even if they have grown up going to a naturist club, when they reach their teens, they will want to branch out on their own. With many clubs not accepting single males, the teen naturists have only two choices; they either stay with their parents, or they give up naturism. The non-single males policy is driving young male naturists away from naturism and the young naturist females will want to meet boys, so they will follow. Some may return when they are married but not as many as would have remained naturists if there was someplace for them to go.





* * *


Be proud to be a naturist – not ashamed of it, you have made a lifestyle choice, why not tell everyone?


 Nude with friends

                         Nude Canoeing

             Nude Hiking

Continued on a future post

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW just love your blog glad to see now u r getting older u still love naturism and posing for photos

John Tompkins said...

Thanks, yes I think getting older and still naturists shows its not sexual exhibitionism.