Friday 28 December 2018

Memories Part 6


Textiles





Some years later I wrote some pieces for H & E and wasn’t too surprised when another friend came to me with a copy of the magazine which he'd just brought. He apologised for having seen the published pictures of my wife and myself on a Norfolk naturist beach. He seemed a bit taken aback when I wasn’t upset. He knew we were naturists but had never seen Maja nude. He told us he went naked when he could, but usually alone.

Later, that same friend married and brought his wife to the naturist swims. I was really pleased to have close friends share the naked experience. But they only came once and I wondered if his wife was worried that she couldn’t match up to Maja when they were naked. I thought it would be foolish, that is not what naturism is about, but I think I secretly hoped I was right.

* * *
  

Cautionary tale

As computers started getting more sophisticated and scanners began to appear, another non-naturist friend, Paul, invested in the latest Apple Macintosh computer and Photoshop software. Which we set about learning together.
When he went away on holiday a couple of months later, he asked me to look after his equipment and we set it all up in my flat.
 I took this as the ideal opportunity to tidy up some of my naturist photos and set about scanning them in, cropping the rubbish out and sometimes playing with the colour balance. I even played with changing backgrounds adding multiple images etc, I saved all the images to C.D. and made sure non got saved to the hard disk. it was good fun and an interesting week.




The last picture that I scanned was of Maja lying naked on a German beach, it was a lovely picture, with all of her superb body clearly visible. The reason I know this was the last picture I scanned before handing the equipment back is simple.
I didn’t know until then, and neither did Paul, but a scanner retains the last image scanned – Even when it is switched off and disconnected from the power!
So when he returned from holiday and fired up his computer and scanner, he was, much to his delight, presented with a beautiful naked picture of my wife.



It could have been embarrassing but as a photographer himself it was not a problem and as he had now seen one of our photos there was no problem about me continuing with the editing of the rest of the nude pictures. He'd had more time with Photoshop than me and was able to advise with some of the editing processes. But his teenage daughter was surprised to see a picture of Maja naked on her fathers screen one day when he was doing some editing for me while I was at work.
  Today I have my own scanner and Photoshop software, but it was amusing to discover this trait of scanners. I wonder how many others have fallen foul of this and left incriminating pictures on the office scanner for all to see.

* * *

I never understood how I ended up with such a beautiful wife and have always counted myself lucky. I've never been jealous of other men seeing her naked, on the contrary I have always been proud of her and pleased that other people would want to see her fabulous body.
Since the first accidental exposures, we've never had any worries about showing our holiday snaps to our closest friends – naturist and textile and sometimes we have the best ones on display on the wall at home.

Some people are paranoid about having nude pictures of themselves in someone else’s possession. But what harm can it do to a genuine naturist (unless you want to run for US president). What can they do with the pictures that you haven’t done yourself;
Publish them (even if they did without a model release, where’s the problem?)
Blackmail you (To much Hollywood here)
Or Horror of Horrors – show them to other people, (isn’t that why you take pictures in the first place?)



A standing `joke on the factory floor, from long before anyone knew I was a naturist was;
"Have you got any Nude photos of your wife"
Victim replies, "NO!
"Do you want some?"
Everybody laughs and the victim gets annoyed.

Imagine the reaction when they tried it on me and I replied, "Yes plenty thanks." 

* * *



Near Misses

Maja’s family are German so we have made use of some of the multitude of naturist beaches there and in Denmark, we've also used several beaches in Britain. But we like to find isolated places as well and remove our clothes.  There were some near misses with textiles, but we never actually got caught. Although I’m sure some were suspicious.

* * *

An amusing incident occurred at the Holnis Beach in Northern Germany, we had been nude bathing on the FKK beach opposite the campsite and decided to use the toilets.
They were at the rear of the beach café building and as Maja went to the ladies, she realised that the only thing separating her from the public road and car park was a chain link fence, anyone and everyone driving by, parking or walking along the road could see her naked body. It still makes me smile when I wonder how many passers-by were able to enjoy the view, not just of Maja's beautiful figure, but any naturist taking advantage of the facilities.
The Café and toilets seemed to be shared by naturists and textiles and a young boy of about five years old followed Maja into the ladies, showing all the signs of this being his first vision of a naked woman.

* * *



Close to home one bright summer Sunday I was taking pictures of Maja at the wheel of our Mini Moke on an isolated track at the back of a golf course, in my rock climbing days I'd climbed on a crag there several times and never seen anyone going past. But a car appeared from nowhere and sped past. I watched as the brake lights came on then the reversing lights and after a quick three point turn it came back, slowing as it passed. But too late Maja had slipped a dress over. It was a close thing but I don’t suppose the teenagers in the car would have objected to whatever they did see of a beautiful naked woman. We enjoyed several nude photo sessions around that area, making good use of the rock faces and trees.

* * *

Late one Sunday afternoon, we had been walking our dog, in part of the Charnwood forest when the heavens opened and we were soaked. Until then it had been a warm sunny day and we were wearing shorts and tee shirts. We returned to our new car, but we were reluctant to get in and soak the new seats.
There was no-one else in the car park, so we stripped off, threw our wet things in the boot and drove home naked. We live in an old development in our village with houses and people all around, so we were glad when we got home that we had left the driveway gates open and could reverse straight in.
But the driveway opens onto a corner and looks down the length of the road, which means no privacy there, we had to get out and run round to the rear of the house still completely naked. I don’t know if anyone saw us, but no-one said anything.

After that we started to enjoy nude driving again, we travelled all the way from a naturist campsite near Poole in Dorset to Leicester totally naked and have crossed the country without clothes. It's more difficult for Maja having her breasts exposed it’s harder to cover up, particularly if she's driving. For me I can just put the map book over or a towel if I'm driving.
I have tried to design some quick dress clothes for both of us for those unavoidable situations where we run into a traffic census etc. but I am still working on that … maybe a kilt with Velcro fastenings hmmm.

* * *


Canuding

  We're ardent canoeists and love to find a lonely river to enjoy a day of nude paddling. wilderness rivers, in Canada or Norway, are great, you can be nude for days without seeing anyone. But there are quiet areas everywhere if you look, even around cities, we've found many “secret places.”






  Open (Canadian) Canoes or the new sit-on-tops are best for naturists, the decks on Kayaks keep you covered they are just like putting on clothes.
Occasionally anglers are so well hidden that we paddle past them before we notice them. But often they don’t seem to see us and just continue to stare at their floats. It's not uncommon to come across people bathing nude on the river banks or even making love, I know it is cruel but sometimes it is hard to resist approaching silently then bidding them “Good evening.” The mad scramble that usually ensues, exposes more of their bodies than if they had just continued what they were doing.

* * *

Roy started to canoe with us, as member of our local canoe club while he was in Leicester. But moved back to his family home in the south when he'd completed his degree. Later I was down near his home at Christchurch and called to see him. From then on we travelled between each others homes, canoeing and canoe sailing regularly.

In conversation one night the subject turned to naturism and I mentioned that Maja and I were practising naturists. Roy admitted to enjoying swimming nude from time to time and buying Health and Efficiency. He didn't remember any of our articles, but said he couldn't always get the magazine. So I showed him our copies, he was interested in the pictures and the places I'd written about and I went on to show him some of our collection of photos.
I told Maja about the conversation and the next time he visited it was a hot day so I stripped off. Roy asked if he could and joined me and when Maja returned from shopping she stripped off as well, what followed were several happy years of naturism, both at home and on beaches around the country.




Roy introduced us to a nude beach at Calshot with views out towards the Isle of Wight and our Collie, loved it.
But all good things come to an end and Roy has now married, his wife has not been a naturist so there is no telling if they will eventually join us. Although Roy says he is hopeful

* * *

We've found a wonderful "Naturists Welcome" camp site near Doncaster “Candy Farm” (www.candyfarm.co.uk) The owners are naturists and very friendly, we spent a very happy week end there and made lots of new naturist friends. It was a naturist photographic weekend and we all took turns at being photographed. It made a change for me to be in front of the camera. But I have to admit three of the ladies (one was Maja) attracted the most attention and had the most pictures taken.

* * *




to be continued


No comments: